Abstractionism is a rather well-known and peculiar style of fine art, built on contradiction and complete lack of logic. The whole history of civilization involves the use of strict formulas, graphs, generally accepted algorithms, which is very tedious and boring. Abstractionism emerged as an alternative and the main counterbalance to the classics in its most banal manifestation. Kazimir Malevich, Mondrian and Delaunay became the progenitors and the main rebels in art, earning the love and recognition of thousands of fans around the world. Now the fashion for intricate, fancy drawings moved into the field of neil art, and manicure abstraction firmly settled on the fingers of trendsetters and it-girls.
Abstract manicure – against the laws of common sense
Most girls when the word “art” immediately imagine the enigmatic smile of Mona Lisa, the graceful dance of ballerinas by Degas or refined realistic painting by Levitan, but not sprawling, flashy, contrasting and completely incomprehensible strokes along the canvas in the style of the Impressionists. Of course, conventional landscapes, battle scenes or elegantly laconic portraits are more common and understandable, but what can one do if he or she desires something strange, inspiring, beyond the limits of fantasy and rules? It’s high time to visit an exhibition of artists who draw abstraction.
We are sure that after seeing the paintings of famous maestros, you will want to embody something similar on your nails. Abstractionism as a form appeared relatively recently, in 2017, but does not lose its position in 2018. In many ways, the design inherits the traditional directions of abstraction, which is displayed in the technique of its creation.
Consider the most common of them:
- Cubism, characterized by the fact that the master is trying to “break” the drawing into geometric shapes, forming in consequence a somewhat phantasmagoric picture;
- Rayonism, its emergence was inspired by artists’ observations of light rays cluttering up the prism. In manicure, rayonism is represented by the kaleidoscope effect on the nails, characteristic of the “broken glass” decor;
- Neoplasticism, looks chic in summer designs, as it implies the unity of rectangles, the lines of which are painted in all the colors of the rainbow;
- Orphism, got its name because of the desire to convey the melody of a musical instrument with a drawing. To help the master of nail service: imagination, a pair of neil-art brushes, and a good eye for color;
- Suprematism – perhaps the most common type of neil art, which is similar in characteristics to avant-gardism. A beautiful curl, complemented by deliberately strict lines, monograms in combination with bright, careless strokes or sequins applied to any part of the nail – these are the underlying factors of such design.
Having understood the basic principles of the construction of patterns in the style of abstraction, we propose to concern ourselves with the issue of decorating such nails. ProstoNail has prepared a couple of ideas for an instant transformation, quickly replenish your arsenal with the necessary materials:
- Rhinestones. Manicure with rhinestones a priori can not be boring, the main thing is not to go overboard and place the stones chaotically;
- Pearls. In fact, pearls are just a kind of rhinestones, but they look more elegant, understated and classically sophisticated;
- Kamifubuki or sequins. Nail design with kamifubuki is another way to diversify the abstract pattern. Afraid of such a flashy accent, then replace the voluminous glitter particles with small sequins, sprinkling them on individual sectors with the decor;
- ornaments from metal and plastic are actual not only in clothes and accessories, but also in decorating of nails. Rings, piercings and simple foilized studs – the choice is entirely up to you;
- Micro glitter and mirror waxes look unusual and characterize not only the New Year manicure, but also the abstract;
Flock – actual for brave young ladies, ready for experiments. It is a “velvet” spraying, imitating a matte manicure, but unlike the first, having a finish with fleeces. A strange, but definitely a catchy way to stand out from the crowd;
Mica or foil decor in itself is original and fantastically beautiful. And when combined with a drawing in the style of abstractionism – and at all melts the hearts of the strictest critics.
So, in your head you are already slowly drawing out a plan of further action and your hand frantically dials the number of the master in the salon? Take your time, breathe out and relax, before carefully studying the pros and cons of such trendy abstractionism.
Do not be afraid to experiment, they fill our life with new unforgettable emotions and colors. And our colorful photo gallery will help inspire you to change your usual French nails.
Nail design with abstraction
The abstract manicure by itself looks self-sufficient and catchy, it instantly attracts the eye and makes with interest consider every detail of the neil art. In addition, the undeniable advantage of abstraction is its universality and relevance in any situation, whether it is a solemn going out, a romantic dinner in a restaurant, or office or everyday life. The impressionistic patterns have no age restrictions, so such experiments are welcome at both 20 and 50 years. Everything depends on your imagination, the originality of your idea and the materials that are available.
Create such a decor is not difficult, especially if you use our step-by-step instructions:
- Perform the usual manicure rituals: remove the cuticle with nippers or move it with an orange wand, adjust the shape and length of nail plates, and then carefully polish them buff to remove the relief;
- Apply an acid-free primer and allow it to soak in;
- After a few minutes, distribute a layer of self-leveling, possibly rubber base, and cure it under a UF or LED lamp;
- choose a light, neutral varnish with excellent pigmentation and a medium flowing consistency. This is the shade that will subsequently form the entire mood of the manicure;
- After waiting for the colored layer to cure, proceed to decorate individual nails;
- choose an acrylic or gel-lacquer in a similar color scheme or in the color block style, and then begin to apply strokes chaotically with a brush, layering them on top of each other;
- Finish the results of your efforts with a matte or glossy top, after removing the tacky layer and enjoying a fresh manicure.
Now you know how to make the most trendy and at the same time the easiest design, which will decorate any nails. And our detailed video will finally help you to dot all the i’s.
When all the preparatory work is done, you only need to think through the idea and the general style of manicure for a perfect look of your nails.
Experts have already done it for you, gathering a selection of not only classic, but also creative ways to decorate:
The delicate French will never go out of style. But who says the classics can’t be “freshened up” and modernized a bit? On the contrary, new, hitherto unknown facets will appear.
- The main thing to remember is that the French manicure is harmonious in combination with the same pastel, concise strokes;
- The moon manicure – a complete antipode of the French. Run it in muted shades, and abstraction on the contrary, provide bright colors;
- Take advantage of the negative space, thanks to the modern fashion trend for transparency. Use “nude nails” will only accentuate the originality of your chosen nail art, demonstrating to others your sense of style;
- Spring manicure with the addition of abstraction also looks fresh and infantile in a springtime way. Give preference to lavender, lilac, sky blue and powdery pink shades for the most romantic look.
The only contraindications that do not agree with the impressionist strokes on the nails, we think complex, visible texture, as in the case of the trendy marble. Stone nails with abstraction look as inappropriate as acrylic knit “sweater” combined with geometry.